The Best Driving Apps of 2020
- Google Maps Phone Driving App
- LifeSaver Driving App
- Google Maps: Google Maps is the versatile navigation helper. It is equipped with all the perks that come with being a Google product. That means it’s hooked up to Google street views, giving you a true look at what the restaurant or dentist office really looks like before you show up. It also has a huge inventory of such businesses, meaning you can find just about anything relative to your location if you simply search for it.
- Aceable: If you are hoping to become a better drive, there’s an app for that. Aceable is a fantastic online traffic school app that can help you train in various areas of driving. Whether you need driver’s education or even a course in defensive driving, Aceable will help you get more comfortable behind the wheel.
- Roadtrippers: This app is the indispensable app for those long treks on the open road. Especially for people who don’t like planning or need a schedule to stick to, this app has tools to help you completely map out the trip, complete with features catered to road trips. Searchable items range from hotels to campgrounds to places to stop and check out along the way, and everything has reviews.
- Waze: Waze helps when driving in heavy traffic. It compiles live traffic reporting from your fellow drivers so you can jump on alternate routes before you’re stuck in bumper-to-bumper madness.
- GasBuddy: This app has almost every gas station in the United States in its database, so you’ll always be able to find the cheapest gas near you, no matter where you are. Plus, user corrections and updates are always coming in, so you can expect a pretty accurate gas price.
- PlugShare: Electric car owners, this one’s for you! Many electric car drivers know the struggle to trying to map out all the available charging startions along their trip. With PlugShare, you get an interactive map of the 40,000+ charging stations across the U.S. so you should never be without a charge.
- DashDroid: If you have an Androi and a sub-par dashboard interface, DashDroid will be your ne
w favorite app. With a central display and eight custom buttons tailored to the apps you use the most. DashDroid is a dashboard replacement with convenience on the mind. You can use it for everything from playing music to checking the weather to hands-free calling and texting.
- LifeSaver: Safety should always be a priority when you’re driving. LiveSaver can certainly help you be safer on the road. Meant to help you break your dangerous distracted driving habits, this app has a rewards system that can be set up by a parent to keep teen drivers safe. LifeSaver disables phone use while driving, and with its GPS monitoring, it automatically lets friends or family know when you have arrived safety at your destination.
- Automatic: Though it requires separate attachment, Automatic will help you stay on top of your vehicle’s diagnostics. It plugs into your car’s diagnostic port so you can see all kinds of stats such as gas mileage, engine performance and health, and more. The dongle (that plugs into the port is $100, but it pays for itself pretty quickly). It can even alert authorities if you’ve been in a bad accident. Plus, most of the apps you can use with Automatic are free.